Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Month Eating Raw

I finished my month of eating raw on Tuesday! I went through so many interesting experiences during September I wanted to share them with you so if you every want to do something like this you may have a better idea of what you are doing than I did. The one thing that really surprised me was that eating raw was so much easier than I anticipated. It was also full of amazingly good food (I ate way too many nuts:)


When I began eating raw I really didn't know what I was doing. I made some yummy raw biscuits and a yummy Apple Sauce smoothie that I shared with you. But during the first week I started to get these really weird dizzy spells, one of them happened while I was driving and I felt so disoriented I had to pull off into a parking lot and wait until I felt better. So when I got home I called my dad (the doctor) trying to figure out what I needed. He said "I never thought I would have to be telling YOU this, but you need to eat more!" Well I didn't think anyone would ever have to tell me that either, I love food a little too much! but I started counting my calories and realized that I had only been eating around 1000 calories a day--not good. So I made some yummy raw cookies full of almond butter by the Detoxinista and started watching Fully Raw Kristina's videos. I found out that a fully raw vegan and someone who is following the 80/10/10 diet eats around 2000 calories in fruits and greens a day. So I amped up my calorie intake and began eating a whole lot more fruit. I was not exactly following an 80/10/10 diet because I ate quite a bit of nuts, especially those first two weeks, but I did what I felt I needed to keep eating raw. By the end of my second week of eating raw I was feeling so good, eating less nuts, and most of my cravings for food had gone. I felt very peaceful about food and I didn't feel I needed chocolate, which was great!


My menu during this month included some super yummy things such as figs--my new fav! raw cupcakes, raw lasagna, raw cheesecake, raw almond butter oreos, lots of raw kale chips, and lots of raw pasta :) I will be posting a few more recipes when I get pics.


One of the things that didn't sit so well with me during this month is that I became incredibly bloated with all the fruit and extra fiber I was eating. It was very uncomfortable, but I found out that one day of juicing takes care of the bloating. If I ever go raw again for any amount of time I will do a three day juice cleanse every ten days and be very intentional about eating less nuts and a whole lot more veggies.

I am now starting a few more goals which I will share with you in a couple days, but until then I hope this post helps guide you if you are thinking about going raw. I did give some fun blogs in this post, but if you want more either connect with me on Pinterest via lifeandveggiejuice.blogspot.com or just ask in the comments.

Happy Juicing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment