Thursday, October 10, 2013

Now I'm on Day 4 with Sweet Grapefruit Juice Recipe

I was ok most of the day today after getting only six hours of sleep. I was having a bad morning until one of my students made me laugh. I was asking him why he was pretending that another space ship was shooting at his spaceship, he didn't really know so he said "actually that's just how they roll."
Food went ok today, I enjoyed my juices and didn't really crave anything until I had to skip a juice and got really hungry. I was craving cookies today though, because I made two amazing kinds. This week my theme in my classroom is fall so today we made pumpkin cookies and I used a gluten free recipe from kibbysblendedlife.com that I absolutely love. The kids loved the cookies too and it was so difficult not to eat one (actually I did lick the bowl, but shhhhhh, don't tell). Besides the pumpkin cookies my first and second grade class earned a reward and so did my preschool class so I had to make them a treat (I started making homemade treats so that I could regulate how much sugar they ate in class.) My first and second graders chose gingerbread cookies of all things so I convinced my preschoolers to choose the same treat. I ended up making PB Gingerbread Chocolate Chunk Cookies from chocolatecoveredkatie.com because I could make them gluten and dairy free (there are some allergies in my classroom) and the kids just loved them. I was very pleasantly surprised, but that didn't make it any easier not to taste a cookie "sigh".

Yummy Juices:
12 oz hot lemon water
lots of tea
16 oz dandelion, kale, apple, cucumber, parsley, lime, celery
12 oz beet carrot dandelion apple
16 oz Pearfection by thevegetablecentrickitchen.com
16 oz Sweet Grapefruit Juice (Recipe below)

I dislike grapefruit very much, but I love this juice. It has the pleasant taste of grapefruit without the bitter taste.

Sweet Grapefruit Juice

4 leaves dandelion (optional, will make the juice a little more bitter)
2 apples
1 grapefruit
8 carrots (adjust to your liking or until you get 16 oz of juice)

Juice all ingredients and enjoy!

Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment