Sunday, April 14, 2013

Juice Cleanse Days 6 and 7

The Big Juice Spring Clean is over, but juice detoxing is not finished for me. I decided to do eight more days! Yay! I think :) Yesterday went really well and was pretty easy. We woke up late and had an amazing almond butter smoothie with spinach, made some juice and went on a nice hike with my mother-in-law. At night I did eat a piece of raw (cashew) strawberry cheesecake, that I had made before we started juicing, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. 

Today was very difficult. I tried to go trail running, but it was super windy and not as much fun as I would have liked. Also whenever I juice cleanse I tend to get a sharp pain in my right side when I exercise hard so I had to walk instead of run. After we came home we didn't do much except laundry and homework and by the time 5:00 came around I was bored and hungry. I just wanted to eat ANYTHING! I wasn't craving anything in particular, I just wanted to chew something. It didn't help that my husband has chosen to eat at night and he was snacking on a yummy zucchini hummus with veggies. But I didn't eat. Instead I went and made my juices for tomorrow and my night juice. While I was making my juices I watched all the videos from Jason Vale's 5lbs in 5 days app for day 1. I was really feeling like I started all over on day one and the videos helped. I decided to not have food and just shut up! :) Ok so I am still craving food.

I just wanted everyone to know that I lost about 8lbs last week and my husband lost about 10. I am really happy because I have lost all my winter stress weight and I am back down to last summer's weight. The reasons I am continuing are not completely for weight loss. I have had the experience this winter of losing weight on a juicing cleanse and then gaining it right back afterwards. So I wanted to not only kill my food cravings once and for all, but I also wanted to make this weight loss permanent (for the summer) and my theory is that by doing another week and coming back on to eating food really slowly that the pounds will stay off for the immediate future. I will say that I am loving my body and I feel perfect! Its nice to know that losing weight is almost as easy as gaining it. I have learned a couple more things during this spring cleanse but they will have to wait for tomorrow because I am tired and ready for bed. Good night!

Happy Juicing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment