Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Raw Cardamom Soup

I know I promised the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Juice, but you are just going to have to wait. I have perfected the recipe but as I was drinking it in the car the other day I thought, "Hey this would be good with crust and crunch!" So I want to try on more thing.

I am currently trying to be on a juicing fast, but I have cheated today (and it was my first day :( ) I just had to try the banana muffins my kids made and the raw carob cheesecake was in the specials isle at Natural Grocers and I must say, AMAZING!!!

So anyway on to the soup. It is sweet and has a nice Cardamom flavor--kinda makes me feel like I'm back in India. In fact, now that I think of it you could garnish this soup with raisins, pistachios, and cashews and make it really Indian! Huh, I'm going to have to try that! 

Raw Cardamom Soup

1 Zucchini or Sweet Potato
1 Avocado
1 tsp ground cardamom seeds (out of the pod)
Juice of 2 beets and a handful of greens (I like using beet greens)
1 dropperful Vanilla Stevia
Cinnamon and salt to taste

Blend everything in a blender and enjoy!

1 comment: