Thursday, September 27, 2012

Confessions of a Food Addict



Well I am sick today, but thanks to veggie juice I feel good. I just can't talk and it is very hard to teach preschool children without a voice ;) So my day has been very productive (or maybe not). I started my first sauerkraut! I will tell you how it turns out sometime next week.
I made some very garlicky hummus for my husband to enjoy as lunches (I always enjoy a little too). Finally I am now working on Spicy Peanut Kale Chips, I substituted the peanut butter for almond butter and tahini and they are coming out great!
 Well on to confessions :( I cheated. You know that juice feast I am suppose to be on, well I confess it, I cheated. I saw the fruit that I was suppose to be juicing and I just couldn't help it. I ate a pear one night, some watermelon another night and another pear the next night along with some raw coconut, almond balls I had made for my husband. Plus this morning while I was cooking I couldn't help trying the food I made, I have to eat when I cook. If you can cook without snacking on everything you make, more power to you. I get that from my mom, she always said she ate two dinners. So I am finishing Feasting on Juice a little early, but guess what! I lost all 10 lbs that had gained since school started. Tonight I am going to be making some raw soup, and will hopefully post the recipe later and a raw salad. YUM! I am soo excited!

Feasting on Juice this past week has been very eye opening for me. I not only lost the weight, but I learned something very important--when you eat healthy foods you are happier and less stressed. I have been so calm this week even though making four juices every night for dinner and then to take with me in the morning, takes a lot of time, I still felt more peace. My body really needs peace. I thrive on stress, which is why I am a teacher, but it is hard on my body. So I have decided that in addition to eating healthy foods more regularly and in a more detoxifying way. I am going to feast on juice about once a month or so, it will be my Peace Feast :) I will tell you a couple days before so you can do this with me if you want and I will try to post on my Facebook page what I ate that day.



Well I think I will end my post with two recipes I discovered this week. I have pictures for one but not the other. First a smoothie...
I was trying to make Vegan "Booster Juice" but I couldn't find half of the ingredients so I came up with my own 

Tropical Kombucha Smoothie

1 mango
1/2 pint strawberries
1 Frozen Banana
3 Kiwis
1/4 cup each Passion Fruit Kombucha and Guava Kombucha ( I like J.T.'s Kombucha best)

Pour everything in a blender and blend till smooth. Add ice if desired.

I am drinking this one right now :)

Carrot Papaya Pumpkin Pie Juice

It might not sound the best, but believe me, it tastes like pumpkin pie and I LOVE pumpkin pie!

4 carrots
1/2 papaya (Mine was on the firm side, otherwise I would have just eaten it.
1 bag Celestial Seasonings Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Black Tea
6 drops Vanilla Stevia
Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste (I put in quite a bit)

Juice carrots and papaya. Stir in tea bag, stevia and spice. I let mine sit in the fridge overnight, but you could probably drink it within half an hour or so.

Happy Juicing!


No comments:

Post a Comment