Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nut-Butter Mocha Smoothie

This is my husbands FAVORITE breakfast recipe. I came up with it because he used to love the Chocolate Protein shakes I used to make for breakfast, but since I stopped buying processed foods I haven't bought any protein powder either. So this is what I came up with (and it definitely is super yummy!)

(Better-than-Starbucks) Nut-Butter Mocha Smoothie  

-About 4 cups of Chocolate Milk Juice   
     - 4 or 5 carrots
     - 1 head romaine lettuce or a couple handfuls of spinach
     - 1 or 2 beets (optional, but I like the flavor)
     - a handful of beet greens (optional, but I LOVE beet greens)
- About 4 cups cold coffee (I make mine ahead of time and put it in the fridge to cool)
- 1 to 2 bananas (can adjust for sweetness)
- 1 to 2 Tbls of cocoa powder 
- 2 to 4 Tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 dropperful chocolate stevia (can sub in regular or vanilla if you don't have chocolate)
- A handful of ice
- Optional add-ins
   - sometimes I add a cup of cranberries to the juice
   - If you like the Java Chip Frappacino at Starbucks (its my favorite) add in a tsp of cacao nibs. They give a  nice chewyness to the Smoothie
   - My husband likes to add about a cup of nut milk to the mix, although I don't think its needed.
   - a scoop or two of ice cream (I've never done this, but maybe I'll make a tray of Chocolate Covered Katie's and throw it in some morning!)



So this is just a tease of what is coming soon!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Juice ;)

ENJOY YOUR JUICING!!!





1 comment:

  1. Yum!! If I was feeling particularly indulgent I'd probably even blend some espresso beans into a tasty beverage like this :)

    ReplyDelete