Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stuffed Breakfast Mushrooms and Healthy Carob Cream

 This week I have been really good at my veggie intake for dinner and I have really been enjoying it. One problem I had tonight was not feeling fully satisfied even though I ate and amazing dinner.


Our dinner included a really yummy salad made with broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes (from my plants) cucumbers, flax seeds, and carrot pulp. I mixed the salad with the rest of my miso/honey/mustard dressing and set it on a bed of sprouts. Then I topped it off with half an avocado.




I was looking around on the internet and I really wanted to make Healthy Spring Rolls from http://kibbysblendedlife.com/ but I didn't have the ingredients for the almond sauce (which sounds amazing and I will eventually be making). So I thought about what I had in my house and what I needed to get rid of and this is what I came up with. 

Stuffed Breakfast Mushrooms

6 baby bella mushrooms
1 Tbls grapeseed oil
1/2 cup prepared polenta (I made mine a few days ago and it has been solidifying in my fridge.
1/4 package soyrizo
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
small handful of fresh basil, oregano, and thyme (I picked these from my pots they could all fit in my hand and I chopped them pretty fine.)
salt to taste


Directions: Pull the stems out of the mushrooms and spray the heads with coconut oil. Set on a baking pan. Warm the grapeseed oil in a pan on medium heat and add polenta and soyrizo. When the polenta begins to stick to the pan add the tomatoes and spices. Stir until spices are wilted and turn off heat. Spoon mixture into mushrooms and bake at about 400 for about 10 to 15 min. I had a little extra of the mixture left over and a red pepper I acquired in one of my dollar bags at Natural Grocers (not one of my favs) so I spooned the rest of the mixture into the pepper, topped it off with some cheese and stuck it in the oven for my husband. I think I cooked the pepper for around 30 min. 


Ok so really yummy meal and I was still hungry. But one thing I have learned is--If it is healthy go for it! So I whipped up my own version of Avocado, Chocolate, and Sweet Potato Pudding from choosingraw.com. Basically I didn't want to cook the sweet potato and I wanted something cold so this is what I came up with. 

Healthy Carob Cream

1 avocado
1 1/2 frozen bananas
2 medjool dates
2 Tbls carob powder
a pinch of salt

Blend up and enjoy! I topped ours with cinnamon and cacao nibs. 

Ahhh Satisfaction!



No comments:

Post a Comment