Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mexico and Veggie Juice

Recently my husband and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary. We were able to spend seven wonderful days at a resort in Playa del Carmen, just a ferry ride away from Cozumel where we spent our honeymoon. We even got a picture in the same place we did on our honeymoon. It was a lot of fun!

When we left for mexico I had only been in this lifestyle for about a month and I finished an amazing eight day juice fast the week before-so when we got to Mexico we decided to try to keep our diet as much as we possibly could.

We were blessed to be at a resort with lots of different restaurants and choices for food. We were able to skip the, I'm sure, amazing breakfast buffet and eat-what do you know-Veggie Juice! There was a juice bar in the fitness center and we visited this yummy cafe every morning. Our favorite juice became the Pineapple, Cactus, Parsley, blended with orange juice. When I make this juice at home, I juice everything except the pineapple and then blend it all together. (If you want to try this yummy juice make sure you blend it otherwise the cactus will make the juice really thick and slimy)

We weren't as lucky when it came to food, but we ate a lot less than we thought we would. One of the dishes that we loved turned out to be Ceviche, which is essentially raw fish in spices which you eat on crackers or chips. There happened to be a salmon version that was AMAZING. Now I am usually a vegetarian, except when it comes to sushi and raw salmon-that is the only fish I really like. If I could make this dish at home I would probably make some sweet potato chips to eat with it. 





There are a few recipes that I came away from this trip wanting to make. Most are drinks and one is a raw version of an amazing soup. Here is one idea that I came up with after this trip-it is very sweet so you may want to use it for a dessert. I made it for my husband for breakfast on the fourth of July.

Well I tried to do the half and half thing, but it didn't work so this is what the drink turned into. 

Stuffed Coconut Green Mango Smoothie

Kiwi Coconut Smoothie (the white one)

3 Kiwis
4 frozen bananas
3 cups coconut milk (I used homemade)
Juice of one lime

Blend and pour into glasses


Green Mango Smoothie

4 small mangoes
4 handfuls of ice
1 large handful of spinach
3 tablespoons flaxseed (I grind mine in a coffee grinder because I don't have the most amazing blender in the world.

Blend and carefully pour on top of the Kiwi Coconut Smoothie, Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment