Friday, January 3, 2014

Pear Persimmon Green Smoothie

I know I promised you a salad recipe, but my dad has the picture in his camera so I can't show you what the salad looks like yet. I can tell you it is super yummy, can be all raw and low fat, and my family keeps asking for the recipe sooooooo it will be on my blog as soon as I can get the picture.

In the meantime here is a SUPER yummy smoothie recipe and if you are able to make it right now then I am very jealous of you. This smoothie features Japanese Persimmons, which I absolutely LOVE. During November and December I would go to the Asian market once a week and buy about 5lbs at a dollar a pound! This smoothie is what I would make with the persimmons which were too smooshy to eat, but still super sweet. Sadly the season ended just before Christmas and I cannot get them anymore. So if you can make this smoothie make sure you do, just for me :)

Pear Persimmon Green Smoothie

3 large pears
3 smooshy persimmons
1 cup nut milk (I used holiday pumpkin pie coconut milk, but that probably is not the healthiest idea in the world) 
so if you use plain nut milk or coconut water add about 1 tsp of vanilla and maybe about 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice if you so desire
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp spirulina (or you could through in some spinach or other green, I haven't tried it that way)
a large handful or two of ice

Place everything into a blender and blend away. When smooth pour into a glass, top with whatever you desire or nothing at all and enjoy!

Enjoy my smoothie which I cannot make and I will see you in the next week or so with a yummy salad!

Happy Juicing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pear Persimmon Green Smoothie is really very healthy. I am really excited to make it. I also want to share the benefits of fruit juices. One of the biggest juicing benefits is that of helping in weight loss. So many people become obese simply by consuming processed foods and very little of anything fresh. Using raw fresh organic ingredients in your juicing benefits your body by feeding it live nutrients as well as benefits your diet plan by filling you up so that you do not binge on food. Thanks for the nice recipe.
    Goji berry juice

    ReplyDelete